The Zephyranthes

Jessica Eadie

I was born in Fredericksburg, Virginia, on September 1, 1985. My mother homeschooled me from grade school through High School. When I graduated from High School, I made the decision to attend Germanna Community College, where I completed my first two years of college. I graduated from Germanna Community College with my Associates in Liberal Arts, and the following fall I began classes at the University of Mary Washington. I plan to study abroad in Bath, England, next fall.

When I graduate from UMW I would like to finish my masters at George Mason, and graduate with my MFA. I would also like to attach ESL to my degree. I would then like to teach in Israel for a year. My heart had always been to teach in other countries, so I am not sure if I will stay in the USA once I graduate, but even if I do I plan to travel a lot. I have a love for foreign cultures and landscapes.

I love teaching, and have taught at my congregation since I was nine. I started teaching two and three year olds, and I am now teaching five through first graders. They keep me on my toes, but I enjoy it very much. I also work with the youth group in my congregation. Our youth are our future, and I feel very privileged to be part of their growth and life.

Writing is my passion. My mother has told me once that ever since I could pick up a pen I was writing novels. So, I felt why drop something I love, and I became an English major. At UMW my writing has really grown, and I am so thankful for all the teachers that have instilled their knowledge in me and helped me grow as a writer. My two poems that I have published are thanks to the teachings of Dr. Earnhart. I would like to that Dr. Earnhart and Dr. Allen for all the creative writing help they have given me.

I hope that one day I will be able to pass the this knowledge on to others , as well as help others to grow into strong creative writers also.

Poetry

“Art is Being Made”                                “Swim Team”