The Zephyranthes

Alex Culbreth

My songs are inspired by nature, cities I wish to live in, characters I hope to meet, and the poetry and music of every book and CD on my shelves. 

Alex Culbreth is a singer/songwriter from the Fredericksburg-area who has been writing and singing for three years. Culbreth has played throughout DC, Virginia (Richmond, Alexandria, Fairfax, Centreville, Fredericksburg, Vienna, Reston, Leesburg, Purcellville, Falls Church, Stafford, ect.), Maryland (Columbia, Bethesda, Greenbelt, Frederick, College Park, ect.), North Carolina (Wilmington), and New York City (places such as Googie’s Lounge, Alphabet Lounge, Stain Bar, ect.). Culbreth has hosted two open-mics in Virginia, one at The Griffin in Fredericksburg and the other at Bella Café in Stafford. He’s performed on several FM stations throughout Virginia, including guest hosting a Revolutionary Radio Show on 100.9 WRRW in Williamsburg and performing on 91.1 WTJU in Charlottesville. Culbreth has just released his debut album, “The Sparrow” and is working on a second album.

Audio

Holding On